Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Peanut Butter Cookies Just Like Momma Makes 'Em


 We have been making these amazing peanut butter cookies every Christmas for as long as I can remember and when I asked my mother where this recipe originally came from she laughed and said probably the back of a Bisquick box or old cook book!  I poked around and ended up finding it on http://www.bettycrocker.com.  It may not be an original recipe but it is far to delicious not to share!


1 can (14 ounces) of sweetened condensed milk
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of ORIGINAL Bisquick baking & pan cake mix 
(the "complete" or instant Bisquick where you just add water will not work!)
unwrapped chocolate kiss candies
sugar

preheat oven to 375 then mix condensed milk, peanut butter and vanilla until smooth



next add the 2 cups of dry Bisquick mix

At this point you mixture will become very thick and it is easier to knead the dough with your hands! This is why you wont see a picture of the process ;) didn't want to get anything on my camera


Next, shape the dough into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar






Space dough balls about 2 to 3 inches apart on baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes
Do not press flat!


While cookies are baking unwrap one chocolate candy for each cookie.  I prefer hershey kisses but I have heard of people using chocolate hearts for valentines day and even Rolos


When cookies are light golden brown remove from oven and gently press candy down into the cookie ball.  If you are unsure if your cookies are done, I like to check the bottom of a few to make sure they are browning but not burnt!


I hope you enjoy this Betty Crocker Recipe as much as my family has! 

No comments:

Post a Comment